WTAtenis.pl - Forum tenisowe skupione na rozgrywkach WTA Tour! • Zobacz wątek - DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - After more than 23 1/2 hours of racing
logo serwisu
Forum o kobiecym tenisie - WTAtenis.pl
WTAtenis.pl
Teraz jest wtorek, 19 lis 2019, 07:22Klasyczne logowanie
Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1
Drukuj Poprzedni | Następny 
Autor
Wiadomość
 Tytuł: DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - After more than 23 1/2 hours of racing
PostNapisane: piątek, 12 lip 2019, 02:28 
International
Data rejestracji na forum:
sobota, 15 cze 2019, 10:10
Ulubiona zawodniczka: no
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - After more than 23 1/2 hours of racing, Jordan Taylor figured he was in prime position for a victory in the Rolex 24 at Daytona.Then his team made a major miscalculation.Wayne Taylor Racing erred when it put Taylor back in the car at 12:17 p.m. Sunday. Between Taylors previous driving stint — 2 hours, 35 minutes — and the amount time left in the race (1 hour, 53 minutes), he would have exceeded series rules that prevent drivers from being behind the wheel for more than four hours over a six-hour span.It was a costly mistake.Instead of having a chance to pass leader and eventual champion Scott Dixon on a restart, the team had to swap drivers with 11 minutes to go in the twice-around-the-clock endurance race. Older brother Ricky Taylor replaced Jordan, and since the switch happened under caution and with pit road closed, it prompted a pass-through penalty that dropped the No. 10 Chevrolet way behind Dixon.It also led to a third consecutive oh-so-close finish at Daytona.Having that last restart opportunity was like a golden ticket, Jordan Taylor said. And we havent had that the past three years.The Wayne Taylor Racing team finished third for its third straight podium finish, but still shy of the elusive top spot. The team finished second the previous two years.It was just a small miscalculation, an unfortunate one because we were right where we kind of wanted to be, second place on the restart, Jordan Taylor said. I think we had a stronger car on restarts on cold tires, so it was a perfect opportunity to make something happen.Making matters worse, the team was in position to win after overcoming a major mechanical issue. The cars electrical system failed all weekend, and the engine was cutting out in the opening leg of the race.But the same engineers who couldnt fix it in practice or qualifying found a solution during the first pit stop.We were having all sorts of electrical issues, and I thought, You know, we might not finish, Ricky Taylor said. But the guys did an incredible job ... and they finally nailed it on the first stop of the race and gave us an absolutely incredible car.Its just a shame that after all that effort we werent able to produce a result for them.Jordan Taylor looked as if he would bring it home with about 20 minutes to go.He was on new tires, and like so many times before in the previous 23 hours, he thought he would be able to get by one of the Chip Ganassi Racing cars.Then he got the call over the radio — and it changed everything.Obviously, when youre about to restart with 10 minutes to go, youre not expecting to get out of the car, Jordan Taylor said. I figured I kind of had an idea about what it could have been. Theres no other reason for that to happen.Ganassi sympathized with the Taylors after winning his sixth Rolex 24 in 12 tries.They were right there, Ganassi said. They were doing everything it took to win. ... It was unfortunate they had to make a driver change. Obviously, that team knows how to win races and they know how to win this race and they know how to win championships and theyre a good measure for any team in automobile racing. Paul George Jersey . 17.A string of English Premier League teams, most in the lower end of the standings, has been linked to the 32-year-old forward but most have seemingly balked at the cost given his wages and transfer fee. Wholesale Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys . Dirk Nowitzki scored 25 points, Shawn Marion had 22 and the Mavericks beat undermanned Philadelphia 124-112 Friday night, handing the 76ers their 10th straight loss. http://www.cheapclippersjerseys.com/. Jacobs scored two in the first end, but Jahr briefly took charge with two in the second end and two more in the third. Jacobs, from Sault. Marie, Ont., gave Canada some breathing room, following his big fourth end by adding two more points in the fifth to go up 7-4. Ivica Zubac Jersey .com) - Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was named the National League Player of the Month for April. Mfiondu Kabengele Jersey . General manager David Poile called signing Ribeiro a great opportunity to add a talented, experienced and creative centre Tuesday when he introduced the veteran at a news conference. Ribeiros contract is worth $1.05 million after being bought out of the final three years of a $22 million contract by the Coyotes recently. SEATTLE -- Corey Hart saw everyone around him contributing something to the Seattle Mariners strong start. After a lacklustre spring and sluggish first week, he desperately wanted to be a part of it. His response: a three-run homer and a solo shot that sent the Mariners to a 5-3 victory over the Los Angeles Angels in their home opener Tuesday night. "So many guys on this team have been chipping in and I havent been one of them," Hart said. "It was nice to find contact tonight and be able to help out. I was getting kind of tired watching everyone else help out." Seattle became the final major league team to open at home and improved to 4-0 this season against the Angels, who got consecutive home runs from Albert Pujols and David Freese in the first inning. After fans at Safeco Field gave Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll and other members of the Super Bowl champion Seahawks a raucous ovation, the Mariners gave the sold-out crowd some winning baseball to cheer for. "Im not a hoopla person. Id rather just go about my business," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. "But it was a good night in a lot of respects. I thought it was a good night for our fans on a lot of different avenues. I was very pleased with how our guys responded." Seattle scored four times with two outs in the third inning, capped by Harts three-run homer off starter Hector Santiago (0-2). Hart added his solo drive in the seventh. Robinson Canos home debut in Seattle was mostly uneventful. Cano went 0 for 3 and scored a run, getting a massive ovation when he was introduced before the game that was topped only by Felix Hernandezs reception. Hart, another off-season acquisition, made plenty of noise. Hart had the 15th multihomer game of his career and first since Sept. 29, 2012, before knee surgery sidelined him for the 2013 season with Milwaukee. Seattles rally in the third started when Santiago struck out Brad Miller but the ball bounced away from catcher Chris Iannetta. Miller reached first and Santiago pitched around Cano, walking him on four pitches. Justin Smoak lined a two-strike single to score Miller, and Hart made Santtiago pay for missing with an 0-2 pitch.dddddddddddd It was the third time in his career Hart has homered on an 0-2 pitch. His homer in the seventh was a line drive to centre off reliever Fernando Salas. Seattle starter James Paxton (2-0) gave up two first-inning homers, then retired 14 straight. He left in the sixth inning after straining a muscle on the left side of his back. Paxton did not believe his injury was serious, but is taking the precaution of having an MRI on Wednesday. He initially felt a twinge in the fifth inning, but returned in the sixth. If he is sidelined, Paxton would join Hisashi Iwakuma and Taijuan Walker as expected starters in the Mariners rotation dealing with early injuries. "I just want to be careful right now," Paxton said. "They say my strength is still good. I just want to get it checked out." Paxton was amped up early and it cost him when he gave up a two-run homer to Pujols and a solo shot to Freese. But Paxton quickly settled down and kept the Angels silent from there. Kole Calhouns single leading off the sixth was the Angels only hit after the first inning. "Early on we had some strong looks at Paxton but he settled down and pitched a strong game," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. Yoervis Medina replaced Paxton and got out of the sixth. Danny Farquhar and Tom Wilhelmsen worked the seventh and eighth, and Fernando Rodney earned his second save despite walking his first two batters in the ninth. "He was probably a little ticked at himself and turned it up a little bit," McClendon said. NOTES: Pujols became the 52nd player to reach 1,500 RBIs. ... Iwakuma is expected to throw his first bullpen session Wednesday as he recovers from a finger injury. ... LHP Roenis Elias will make his first start in Seattle for the Mariners on Wednesday against Garrett Richards. Elias threw five strong innings in his debut last week. "Its going to be a little bit different being at home," he said through a translator. "Felix already talked to me and told me to be aggressive and stay ahead with my pitches and leave it out there." Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

Skocz do góry
 Zobacz profil Offline 
Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1
Forum tenisowe WTAtenis.pl